Our 2017 season is almost here! Tryouts will be held Monday, August 7th through Wednesday, August 9th from 8-11 am and 1-3 pm. All dates and times are MANDATORY. Please do not plan any vacations or activities that will interfere with practices after August 7th. This is the beginning of our season and athletes who make the team are REQUIRED to be at every practice. Here are the requirements to tryout:
1. Transfer students should have eligibility cleared through UHSAA prior to tryouts. This can take a while so get started ASAP.
2. Register. Athletes must be registered prior to tryouts via Register My Athlete. (link at http://rivertonhigh.org/athletics/, directions in disclosure)
3. Physical. Physicals are good from June 1-May 31. If an athlete has not had a physical since June 1, 2017, she will need one to participate in our program. The required form can be found on our school athletics website under Forms/Registration. If you want to wait to see if your athlete makes the team before getting a physical, that is okay, but all athletes who make the team should have a physical turned in by Monday, August 14th. RPT will be at Riverton High School to do physicals on August 3rd at 5:30 pm. The cost is $25.
4. Grades. Athletes trying out must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, and cannot have failed more than one class. Please bring a printed off copy of your 2016-17 4th quarter grades to tryouts.
5. Disclosure. Please print off and sign the last page of the RHS Volleyball Disclosure and bring it with you to tryouts. You can download the disclosure here.
***There is a mandatory parent and player meeting for those who make the team on Wednesday, August 9, at 6 pm at RHS.
The only way to get better is to train! Come to our Summer Clinic to improve your skills and get in better shape! Our Summer Clinic is open to girls going into grades 8-12 who plan to try out for the RHS Volleyball Team. It is also highly recommended for girls to attend this clinic if they are planning to go to the UVU or USU camps in July, and if they plan to try out for our volleyball team this fall. The focus will be on both fundamental and more advanced volleyball skills, and on conditioning (speed, agilities, plyos, weight training).
Please complete and turn in the form below and pay $50 to the main office (cash or card only).
Contact Coach Struck with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a great opportunity to attend a skills camp put on by a Division 1 volleyball coach, but for a great price and close to home! Girls from Riverton who will be going into grades 7-12 are invited to attend. Participants need to register in the Copper Hills main office. Their hours are Monday - Friday from 9am - 3 pm. The deadline to register and pay is Friday, June 23rd.
On Thursday, March 23 at 6pm in the RHS Library/Media Ceter we will have an athlete and parent meeting. I will go over our spring and summer schedules, talk about clinics and tournaments, and some plans for the upcoming season. Girls who plan to attend RHS and are currently in grades 7-11 and their parents are invited to attend.
Please bring your calendars so you know what your summer schedule is like and to help me get an idea of what you/your daughter will be able to participate in. The meeting will be brief (30 minutes max). If you have any questions email Coach Struck at email@example.com.